Front-end developer wanted for our Glasgow studio
With over 30 years’ design experience and a solid reputation for delivering exceptional, award-winning brand work, 999 is entering an exciting new era as it joins forces with leading UK digital agency, Equator.
The potent combination of 999’s brand experience (top 15 DBA effective design agency) and Equator’s digital expertise (top 20 Econsultancy interactive agency) promises to deliver an abundance of diverse new opportunities.
For front-end developers looking to work with big name brands and high-profile clients, there’s no better time than now to join our team as we continue to expose opportunities for brands in the digital arena. We want to find people who share our passion for ideas and who thrive in solving client challenges.
You will be part of a talented team working on a variety of projects from CMS development, eCommerce, API/systems integrations and experimental web apps to digital comms and internal business systems development and support.
You will work closely with our designers and front-end developers to deliver high quality solutions to tight timescales, and will be involved in client meetings and communication around projects. You'll also be called on to propose solutions and accurately estimate work required for delivery.
- Familiar with CSS methodologies such as BEM and SMACSS
- Hands-on experience building responsive HTML email templates, integrating with email marketing software such as MailChimp, amongst others.
- Exposure to various content management systems
- Performance focused, striving for lean, clean, reusable code at all times
- Experience using version control such as Git
- An understanding of PHP and experience of integrating robust templates into content management systems would be beneficial
- Ability to conduct thorough browser/device testing, considering progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Ability to break down and refine complex user journeys
- Able to collaborate with designers and work from wireframes and interactive prototypes that demonstrate the overall user experience and inform the design and technical approach
- A meticulous eye for detail, working to strict brand guidelines
- Seamless collaboration with internal and external branding, marketing and development teams
- Ability to demonstrate a device agnostic approach to responsive web development
- Experience working in an agency or in a similar role
- A self-motivated team player who will help drive the standard of front end development across our varied client portfolio
- An open, honest approach combined with a willingness to learn from mistakes, share knowledge and constantly improve (leave your ego at the door)
- Conscious of project budgets and timeframes
- A keen problem solver, constantly looking for ways to enhance digital experiences
- Analytical, methodical and able to anticipate potential issues further down the line before they happen
- An overall enthusiasm and passion that will inspire colleagues and clients alike
What we offer
- Competitive package (dependent on experience)
- Relaxed and friendly environment
- Challenging, interesting, high profile projects
- Flexible working
- Career development
- Beer Fridays
How to apply
So, if you’d love to join a well-established, deeply ambitious creative agency and we sound like a good fit for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.