999 Design is growing. We're looking for a front-end developer to join us in our Glasgow studio
Why work for us?
With over 37 years’ design experience and a solid reputation for delivering exceptional, award-winning digital work, 999's team is expanding and we're looking for a front-end developer. If you're looking to work with big name brands and high-profile clients, there’s no better time than now to join our team as we continue to expose opportunities for brands in the digital arena. We want to find people who share our passion for ideas and who thrive in solving client challenges.
You will be part of a talented team working on a range of projects from our varied portfolio of clients in our Glasgow studio. You will work closely with our designers and developers to deliver industry-leading digital solutions on time and on budget. You'll also be called on to propose solutions and accurately estimate work required for delivery, liaising with your team and collaborating with clients throughout the process.
Qualities we look for:
- A keen eye for visual detail and meaningful interaction on-screen
- An overall enthusiasm and passion for the digital experience that will inspire colleagues and clients alike
- Conscious of project budgets and timeframe
- An open, honest approach combined with a willingness to learn from mistakes, share knowledge and constantly improve
- Respect and appreciation for every person in your team
- A self-motivated team player who will help to drive the standard of front end development across our varied client portfolio
- Analytical, methodical and able to anticipate potential issues further down the line before they happen
- Experience with CSS methodologies such as BEM and SMACSS
- Exposure to various PHP content management systems
- Performance focused, striving for lean, clean, reusable code at all times
- Experience using version control such as Git
- Ability to conduct thorough browser/device testing, considering progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- A meticulous eye for detail, working to strict brand guidelines
Nice to have:
- Experience working in an agency or in a similar role
- CMS experience developing with Processwire and Wordpress
- Experience developing on the Shopify eCommerce platform
- Experience or a desire to use front-end tools such as npm, Yarn, Gulp and Webpack
- An understanding of PHP and experience of integrating robust templates into content management systems would be beneficial
- Ability to break down and refine complex user journeys
- Able to collaborate with designers and work from wireframes and interactive prototypes that demonstrate the overall user experience and inform the design and technical approach
- Seamless collaboration with internal and external branding, marketing and development teams
- Hands-on experience building responsive HTML email templates
- Experience building websites to WCAG 2.1 AAA accessibility requirements
- Ability to demonstrate a device agnostic approach to responsive web development
What we offer
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Relaxed and friendly environment
- Challenging, interesting, high profile projects
- Flexible working
- Career development
- Friday drinks
How to apply
We require a dedicated team player who is looking for a long term position and wants to impact our clients and the company in a positive way. If you fit the bill and are up to the challenge, then we’d love to see some examples of your work along with your CV. Send them to email@example.com.
Please note that this role is based in our Glasgow studio.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE